Xtreme Performance Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xtreme Performance Racing

Commitment Diversity Respect

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» vee eights
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 3:06 pm by gen3ral ts0

» Darkside's Apology and Goodbye
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 am by CallMehDarkside_44

» Forbidden's app.
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am by XPR Roadrunner

» Anyone intreasted in racing
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 am by l RickyTan l

» Calling All, F4H Spotlight Challenge
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:11 am by XPR Roadrunner

» VMSC SERIES
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 am by XPR Soundwave

» TORA PRO ENDURANCE - THE BEHEMOTH 24 HOURS
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 am by XPR Soundwave

» GTA V Xbox One
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:14 am by XPR Roadrunner

» Madden 15 Season 1 - Rules
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am by XPR Cap10Morgan

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
SRT

free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics
Top posters
XPR Roadrunner
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_vote_lcapGT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_voting_barGT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_vote_rcap 
XPR Soundwave
GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_vote_lcapGT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_voting_barGT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_vote_rcap 
XPR Venom
XPR Small Block
XPR Devil
danfay12
XPR Karma
XPR Clutch
CQR TacticaL
XPR ChicaiN

GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
XPR Roadrunner

XPR Roadrunner

GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! Empty
PostSubject: GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina!   GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 am

Development of the SRT® Viper GT3-R continues in preparation for the 2014 racing season. Recently, the car hit the track for the first time at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, South Carolina, with two-time SRT Viper Cup Series champion Ben Keating behind the wheel.

GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! XGT3-Test-Main.jpg.pagespeed.ic.vuoW-0E4pk

Keating was the first to purchase a GT3-R and has teamed with world-class endurance racer Jeroen Bleekemolen for a full-time run next season in the GT Daytona class with the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Keating’s car will be maintained by the team at Riley Technologies in Mooresville, North Carolina, the group that also manages the SRT Viper GTS-R race program. Bill Riley and his staff conducted the test at Carolina Motorsports Park with Gary Johnson, SRT Racing Manager.

“When you take a racecar to the track for the first time, you look at some of the major components and systems on the car,” said Johnson. “For example, you want to make sure the car runs and shifts correctly when in motion. If all goes well, then you can focus on suspension set up and get into more details as the test progresses. Bill (Riley) and his guys have been great to work with. They have a lot of experience with Vipers now, and they know how things go together. We can really lean on them when we have questions.”

Many facets of the GT3-R were tested at Carolina Motorsports Park, which is a 2.279-mile natural terrain road course that provides a combination of straightaways, hard-braking areas, and a variety of corners. Some of the focal points during the test were calibration of the engine, a new engine control system and a new shift strategy for the transmission.

GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina! Photo-10

“The development of the car has been coming along great,” Johnson said. “We’ve been able to apply some of the suspension settings and techniques we learned on the SRT Viper GTS-R to the GT3-R. Also, the car looks absolutely fantastic. It is a beautiful piece of machinery.”

The GT3-R will likely hit the track at least once more for testing under the guidance of Keating, prior to the first official test for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship in the middle of November. The car will make its competitive debut in the 2014 season-opening 24 Hours of Daytona at the legendary Daytona International Speedway.

Orders for the SRT Viper GT3-R are currently being taken. Check out full specs of the SRT Viper GT3-R.

-Taken from http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2013/10/srt-viper-gt3-r-hits-the-track-for-first-test-at-carolina-motorsports-park.html
Back to top Go down

GT3-R Hits the track in Carolina!
Page 1 of 1