Xtreme Performance Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xtreme Performance Racing

Commitment Diversity Respect

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» vee eights
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 3:06 pm by gen3ral ts0

» Darkside's Apology and Goodbye
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 am by CallMehDarkside_44

» Forbidden's app.
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 am by XPR Roadrunner

» Anyone intreasted in racing
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 am by l RickyTan l

» Calling All, F4H Spotlight Challenge
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:11 am by XPR Roadrunner

» VMSC SERIES
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 am by XPR Soundwave

» TORA PRO ENDURANCE - THE BEHEMOTH 24 HOURS
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 am by XPR Soundwave

» GTA V Xbox One
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:14 am by XPR Roadrunner

» Madden 15 Season 1 - Rules
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am by XPR Cap10Morgan

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
SRT

free forum

free forum

free forum

Similar topics
Top posters
XPR Roadrunner
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_vote_lcapXPLR FUTURE IDEA I_voting_barXPLR FUTURE IDEA I_vote_rcap 
XPR Soundwave
XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_vote_lcapXPLR FUTURE IDEA I_voting_barXPLR FUTURE IDEA I_vote_rcap 
XPR Venom
XPR Small Block
XPR Devil
danfay12
XPR Karma
XPR Clutch
CQR TacticaL
XPR ChicaiN

XPLR FUTURE IDEA

Go down 
+5
XPR ChicaiN
XPR Soundwave
XPR Devil
XPR Small Block
XPR Venom
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XPR Venom

XPR Venom

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 am

Hey guys we want your thoughts on a future idea XPR is having at the moment. We all know TORA has its downfalls: Staff help, rules, etc. We also know that Virtual Motorsports has its own downfalls: Website issue (currently down for nearly 24 hours), staff and rules not being followed. Now, XPLR ran by our own, XPR Karma, has been recently flustered with lack of help and effort of recent times on the site. There are a few but the lack of interest is being shown. XPRs idea is to halt series being ran there, other than ones that are in plan to start soon, and revamp the site with correct staffing, revamped rules to ensure series will be legit and not just a circus, and a new shed of light on how a proper XBOX race league should be ran. With your suggestions and help, we feel we could have endless possibilities and a great place to race and have fun. Please feel free to state what you guys think about this idea, as i for one can see with the commitment you all have within XPR we can help ensure XPLR stays afloat and succeed to be a top league.
Back to top Go down
XPR Small Block

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:52 am

yea great! ill help in any way just ask me to do so.
Back to top Go down
XPR Devil

XPR Devil

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 am

Sounds good. No series being ran at all right now so no hassle with having to stop any comp. We've been desperate really(for new blood).

There's enough of us in XPR to say we've got a pretty good testing team. We can hold comps at all hours with having staff on different sides of the planet. happy days.

Here's to the future of XPLR/XPR
Back to top Go down
XPR Soundwave

XPR Soundwave

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 am

Glad you guys are liking it. We really feel that when can revamp xplr over these next few months, have series planned on all systems and games, staff and Admins in place, iron out any questions and issues with rules and driving standards and kick it all off in January of next year. Thus providing a league that rivals to be one of the best out there and the official home of XPR.

All ideas and help is welcome and frankly recommended lol

Here's to a new home!cheers 
Back to top Go down
XPR ChicaiN

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 am

I'm gung-ho on this. Given time we can pull plenty of people over as long as the championships we come up with are interesting enough and I'm sure they will be. I have a series on the RING I put together a few years ago that I've been wanting and patiently waiting to run. I can see the XPLR venue will be perfect for it. Let's take this shit to the next level and say goodbye to TORA and VM.
Back to top Go down
XPR Devil

XPR Devil

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:05 am

When XPLR was started it was advertised as a Multiple Game forum. Forza 3/4, Dirt 3 and F1. I'd quite like to think that we can bring in F1 Championships when F1 2013 comes out. Not many places do F1 championships and if its good enough, it'll bring in a new community of players that could also have interests in Forza. You never know. The skies the limit as they say.
Back to top Go down
XPR Soundwave

XPR Soundwave

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:44 am

agreed, never been much of a game hopper but i've been wanting to get into F1, NASCAR, and the likes Smile
Back to top Go down
XPR Dwarf

XPR Dwarf

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

What's the deal with the open wheel cars in FM5? Is that like F1 or is that something totally different. I got the F1 2012 but haven't spent much time on it at all. I did a few races and couldn't seem to get the hang of it.

As for redoing the XPLR, I'm in. I don't know much about the series that are already running but if there's any way I can help out, just let me know. Even if it's just something as simple as hosting lobbies and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
XPR Venom

XPR Venom

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:46 pm

for sure we appreciate all the help. In the next week more details will be out but until then please register on the site if you havent already. CLICK ME TO GO TO XPLR AND REGISTER
Back to top Go down
XPR Dwarf

XPR Dwarf

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Already registered.

Went ahead and posted for the name change.

#918 in the house.
Back to top Go down
XPR Karma

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:13 pm

HI guys

Venon, Roadrunner now made up to CO level in XPLR.

Posted two new news items on XPLR to inform people of the upcoming changes.

Had a good chat with Chad last night bout the future direction we would like for the site, and it looks good peeps. If we all pull hard and do this right, I think we can be up there in no time against bigger sites like VM and TORA, but this time it will be OUR HOME:) 

So,, in that light, who is up for doing what? And I would add that its great ot be up for it in the initial,,but we need folk that are gonna stay the distance, so please only commit if you feel you have the time and space in your life to do so. Not being harsh with that and if it sounds like it please take no offence, am just being honest. At times there can be a fair bit of work, and other times u will have to keep a cool  head when dealing with situations where u reall y want to explode at someone,,but we have to act as an open community should. Everyone's point of view is valid and equal. But on the flip side of that the feeling of giving back to your community and the positive energy it gives you in my opinion is worth the trade off.

We all love racing, and have a shared passion for it. I see what we do growing at a scary rate and it we manage this correctly, we could be a huge success. I would like us all to get there and if we all pull on eachothers strengths, I KNOW we can do it.

So chaps, who is game for the challenge. Post up the skills you feel you have to offer, but a quick list of the posts are as follow.

Race Stewards
Competition Organisers
Graphics and Media Designers
Anyone with video editing skills
Forum Staff

Also, if you have not joined yet, please do so. The link is below

http://www.xboxproleagueracing.com/f5-xplr-race-permits

Thanks in advance guys. I know we can stand strong together.

Greg Smile
Back to top Go down
XPR Karma

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:15 pm

XPR Devil wrote:
When XPLR was started it was advertised as a Multiple Game forum. Forza 3/4, Dirt 3 and F1. I'd quite like to think that we can bring in F1 Championships when F1 2013 comes out. Not many places do F1 championships and if its good enough, it'll bring in a new community of players that could also have interests in Forza. You never know. The skies the limit as they say.
we need to widen our field that's for sure. Its just getting folk who actually use those other platforms often.

F1, Forza 5, project cars, Car club, and some of the pc based stuff too would be good.

Am up for us doing so.
Back to top Go down
XPR Dwarf

XPR Dwarf

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 am

Race Stewards - Depends on the day/time that the race takes place.

Competition Organisers - Not sure I want to be in charge of a series but I will help out as needed.

Graphics and Media Designers - I have basic graphic design skills. Have Photoshop. My cousin is a professional graphic designer so I could get tips and whatnot.

Anyone with video editing skills - I have basic video editing skills. Have a couple different programs for editing. Have a cheap capture card but the XB1 is supposed to have one built in. I'll see what I can do with the new hardware.

Forum Staff - I ran the forums at my last club so I can help out in this area.

Linking a few videos I put together. You'll have to excuse the intro violations, I was trying to show off everyone's cars and they get a little long and repetitive. These are the first couple videos I did and I've learned quite a bit since then.

https://youtu.be/73luj3xcclI - First ever attempt at video editing. This was a crash on Road America that didn't end well.

https://youtu.be/Nlp4IPqkRpg - I did way too many replays of the same accidents. Had to showcase our awesome first lap though...

https://youtu.be/cSys8_xXjco - I put this one together but didn't have time to put music to it or do an ending.

Back to top Go down
S2M Ranger

S2M Ranger

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 am

I'm happy to help out with paints for anybody who needs help
Back to top Go down
XPR Roadrunner

XPR Roadrunner

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:52 pm

I'll say this: I have video editing experience (not a lot I might add). I have a lot of streaming experience, but I haven't done that since I got my new laptop and couldn't find the software or it. So I can do some of this stuff for us.

With that said, I've been on the Formula Forza staff since before I joined XPR and I still need to commit to them as well. Greg, Chad and Rob agreed that I can help with series approval based on who's doing what.

Also, with media and promotion, I will most likely head that department with all my contacts, but I feel someone else should do the write-ups and submit them.

Race organizing I can do when I have time. I ran my own series, the MMTCC which was successful for a very short time and then I closed the shop doors on that. That involved forum modding as well.

Here is what I've done with video editing;

And here is some streaming stuff:
http://www.livestream.com/xprroadrunner
Back to top Go down
XPR Karma

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks for putting yourselfs forward guys. I woul dsuggest we get a meeting sorted asap and start to move things forward.

I would say Friday night around 10pm to suit everyone and their respective time zones. But am open to suggestion (sounds wrong that,,Suspect )

Greg cheers 
Back to top Go down
XPR Roadrunner

XPR Roadrunner

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 am

10 PM GMT?
Back to top Go down
XPR Karma

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:22 am

that would work for me afro 
Back to top Go down
XPR ChicaiN

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:00 pm

That's too early for me. Gotta be after IROC final round.
Back to top Go down
XPR Karma

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:24 am

no worries,,what time is the iroc round finished?? I take it a few of you are doing it??

G Smile
Back to top Go down
XPR ChicaiN

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 am

There are three of us in it. It usually gets done around 815est.
Back to top Go down
XPR Karma

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 1:16 am

hmm,,around 1:15am here then. I will do my best to say awake till then to make life easier but am up at 6am for a shift on sat,,,so all I can say is I will do my best Embarassed 

Greg Smile 
Back to top Go down
XPR ChicaiN

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 6:18 am

Here is a series and racing format I have been developing since FM3. It's based on the premise that not all cars are created equally but have their own positives and negatives...like humans. My opinion is that all cars as tested should be rated based on performance on a specific track. Multiple testers will run each car stock and the ratings will be based on average lap times acrossed testers.

In this format there is a prestige position otherwise known as Pole Position...but critically different. Grid position will be reversed and the fastest driver will receive additional points (prestige points). Drivers can earn additional points for top qualifying time, laps led, fastest lap and finishing podium with an underdog car. Underdog points are awarded to drivers who select any car with an underdog rating more than 1. Drivers who select the fastest/ lowest underdog score car will receive no additional underdog points for finishing on podium. You only receive underdog points if you finish top 3. Your underdog points will be based off of your cars rating set forth prior to the series. This format challenges the faster drivers to take slower cars to potentially collect more points given they can podium. Slower drivers have the opportunity to select some of the faster cars to help even the playing field between them and the speed freaks. Any driver who gives notice that they will miss a round will automatically receive last place points. We all have things that come up in our daily lives that prevent us from making every race and you should not be penalized severely for that. The catch is you only get 2 free passes for last place points. After that you will be removed from the series unless a permanent sub is used.

This particular series runs 9 weeks through 4 different car classes with a limited selection of cars. The first three weeks will be R3. Each driver will use the same car in each class race. Week 4-6 is R2, 7-8 R1 and the final round, X class for the championship. This is the ultimate test for any driver who thinks he has what it takes to be the king of the ring.

This scoring format can easily be modified to work with any type of series. We need to think outside the box and come up with a system that hasn't been done before. I created this document so I have full control over modifying and adding or removing information. This spreadsheet still has some work left to be finished but its well on its way. We need a comprehensive format that will challenge all different skill level drivers. The same old qualify and race setup is getting boring seeing the same people day in and out at the top of the leaderboards or just simply running away with race wins.

Also...because I'm a designer by trade..there will be a modeled and rendered trophy desktop size image with engraved name and stats for the winner. I'm talking a badass image everyone will strive to have their name on. Something no other online racing forum does.

Please take a look at the below document and give me any feedback or ask any questions you may have.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Ap5YehT0FLLJdEpES1pjdkFiUHFFTWhBbjRVQkh0U3c&output=html

edited, due to no html code support

meep meep
Back to top Go down
XPR Roadrunner

XPR Roadrunner

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am

sounds great. I think we could make this work. Not sure if we should wait for XB1 for this. I think this would be epic as a multi-class event where drivers are seeded 1-4 randomly until even groups are filled. Then we just rotate the group within the classes.
Back to top Go down
XPR ChicaiN

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:06 pm

The code was working earlier. I wonder what happened. I would say multiclass for xb1 but there just aren't enough spots in fm4 for a multiclass Nordschleife. The VLN was boring tbh. Maybe consider running it as is at the end of this year and run it next year on xb1 multiclass. That would be epic. 4 classes...8 cars per class...all fm5 road courses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XPLR FUTURE IDEA Empty
PostSubject: Re: XPLR FUTURE IDEA   XPLR FUTURE IDEA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XPLR FUTURE IDEA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next